Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the sport of cricket at performance and participation levels throughout Ireland and Northern Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game.
Vacancies at Cricket Ireland
There is one opportunity.
Independent Members: Cricket Committee (two volunteer roles)
Cricket Ireland is seeking two enthusiastic and committed volunteers to contribute to the development of the sport as independent members of the Cricket Committee.
The Cricket Committee is one of three standing sub-committees of the Board of Cricket Ireland that is responsible for overseeing most of the cricket areas of Cricket Ireland’s Strategic Plan and advising the Board as necessary on strategic matters relating to the playing of cricket. Specifically, advising the Board on matters relating to:
• Growing the game sustainably at a community, club and inter-provincial level;
• Strengthening coaching standards through education and development programmes;
• Overseeing the development and improvement of the inter-provincial (men’s and women’s) game, participation strategies, and advice on the improvement of facilities;
• Ensuring high standards around officials and grounds staff in supporting the game domestically; and
• Determining policy on a range of delegated matters, such as Child Safeguarding, Garda/Access NI vetting.
We would welcome applications from individuals for the following volunteer roles:
Role #1: Participation and Development
• We are seeking applicants who have direct experience of the issues currently affecting the development of grass-roots sport, specifically within a club environment.
Role #2: Policy and Regulations
• We are seeking applicants who have direct experience in sport and regulatory affairs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the development of cricket in Ireland at a key time in the history of the sport.
These positions are intended to bring knowledge and experience from the professional backgrounds and qualifications of the successful applicants to strengthen the Committee’s expertise, and allow for better-informed discussion for the benefit of cricket as a whole.
The Cricket Committee generally meets a minimum of five times annually, with meetings held early evenings either in Dundalk or North Dublin or via video-conference.
Further information on these roles may be sought from the Committee Chairman, Andrew Fleming: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested, please forward a one-page summary indicating the vacancy in which you are interested and your relevant experience to: email@example.com including “Cricket Committee” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday 8 October 2018.
Vacancies at Provincial Unions
There are currently no vacancies at Provincial Unions.