Cricket Ireland is seeking people for a number of roles within the organisation, see below for details of all current opportunities
Chairperson of National Women’s Selectors
Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish Cricket is incredibly bright given the growth of the sport driven by significant success on the international stage in the last decade, development of a first-class domestic structure, women’s Super 3’s and a national academy supported by long-term commercial funding. These attributes have put Ireland firmly on the radar of ICC which is currently considering a major revamp of international cricket structures which could see Ireland playing all three formats of the game at the highest level for the foreseeable future (subject to approval). Whilst the Ireland women’s team did not qualify for this year’s ICC Women’s World Cup, they remain ranked 10th in ODI and T20 International Women’s cricket, and have in the last year defeated South Africa and Bangladesh in both ODI’s and T20I’s. The team’s ambition is to become part of the ICC Women’s Championship by 2020.
Next year sees a Women’s World T20 Qualifier and a chance for the team to head to the ICC Women’s World T20 in West Indies in November 2018. More imminent, the team has an important schedule of international cricket over the next few months as follows:
April 22-30 Camp and 3x ODM’s v England (UAE)
May 1-22 ODI Quadrangular with South Africa, India, Zimbabwe (South Africa)
June 12-16 3x ODI’s (Dublin)
August 1-4 1x ODM & 3x T20’s v Scotland (Scotland)
Cricket Ireland is seeking a Chairperson to chair the National Women’s Selectors to help ensure Ireland selects its best players ready to take to the world stage and to be as successful as they can be. The successful candidate will report into the CI Performance Director. The position is a voluntary position for an initial two-year term commencing beginning May 2017, and will require the candidate to attend up to eight meetings annually, which will usually take place in the CI head offices in North Dublin or at a place convenient to the other Selectors.
If this opportunity interests you, please email a cricketing CV and a covering letter detailing why you believe you have the skills and experience to undertake this role, to firstname.lastname@example.org and headed ‘Chair Selectors’ .
The closing date for applications is Friday 21st April 2017, 5.00pm.
Candidates who meet the criteria and are shortlisted will be required to attend an interview.
Cricket Ireland have a number of exciting summer Internships available this year across the Marketing and Events departments.
Supporting the Event Manager with the coordination of all Cricket Ireland events, the Cricket Ireland Events internship allows interns to play a key role in the delivery of large scale international cricket fixtures from beginning to end.
Working closely with the Events Manager, key duties would include:
• Working on all aspects of pre-event planning for Home International and Domestic competitions
• On-site liaison with teams, volunteers and match-officials
• Management of accreditation process for all matches
• Assist with co-ordination of match day hospitality
• Assist with coordination of all volunteers prior to the event and on event days
• Collate all health and safety and insurance documentation prior to event
• Assist with set-up of ground for certain Interprovincial fixtures
• Assist with smooth running of media areas
• Prepare and deliver detailed event, project, signage and staffing plans
• Facilitate the delivery of on-ground/in-venue requirements for each match and ensuring requirements of key stakeholders are met
• Liaison with players, team management, venue managers and hotels regarding event logistics
• Any other duties as reasonably required by Cricket Ireland
If this opportunity interests you, please email a CV and a covering letter addressed to Claire Kennelly, email@example.com. Please include “Events Intern” in the subject box of your email.