Cricket Ireland is seeking people for a number of roles within the organisation, see below for details of all current opportunities
Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish Cricket is incredibly bright given the growth of the sport driven by significant success on the international stage in the last decade, development of a first-class domestic structure and a national academy supported by long-term commercial funding. These attributes have put Ireland firmly on the radar of ICC which is currently considering a major revamp of international cricket structures which could see Ireland playing all three formats of the game at the highest level for the foreseeable future (subject to approval).
International Teams Administration Manager
The senior men’s team success over the last decade has resulted in the rapid growth of the organisation and significant increase in turnover through partnerships with blue-chip multi-national companies, with Sports Councils on both sides of the Irish border and with the ICC. The women’s team have qualified for the last two World Twenty20 events, the Under 19 team has played in four of the last five ICC U19 World Cups, and we have launched a 5-year strategic plan aimed at developing Ireland into a major cricket nation. Funding and future resources are hoped to increase with an application for ICC Full Membership to be considered over the coming months. In order for Ireland to continue its success over the last decade, a highly skilled, committed and conscientious administration is required.
Cricket Ireland is seeking to recruit an experienced, high performing, self-motivated, well organised and highly efficient International Teams Administration Manager, to ensure the efficient running of all Ireland International Teams. The position is a permanent full-time role; reports into the Performance Director and is headquartered in North Dublin, although the role demands a national brief across both sides of the border.
Working closely with the Men’s Head Coach, Women’s Head Coach and Performance Director, the International Teams Administration Manager will have overall responsibility for the operations, logistics and general administration relating to the co-ordination, preparation and movement of all Ireland Teams (Senior Men and Wolves, Senior Women and A team, boys and girls Under 19, 17, 15 and 13).
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in an EU country or have the required working visa.
If this opportunity interests you, please email a CV and a covering letter addressed to Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include International Teams Administration Manager” in the subject box of your email.
Cricket Ireland have a number of exciting summer Internships available this year across the Marketing and Events departments.
Supporting the Event Manager with the coordination of all Cricket Ireland events, the Cricket Ireland Events internship allows interns to play a key role in the delivery of large scale international cricket fixtures from beginning to end.
Working closely with the Events Manager, key duties would include:
• Working on all aspects of pre-event planning for Home International and Domestic competitions
• On-site liaison with teams, volunteers and match-officials
• Management of accreditation process for all matches
• Assist with co-ordination of match day hospitality
• Assist with coordination of all volunteers prior to the event and on event days
• Collate all health and safety and insurance documentation prior to event
• Assist with set-up of ground for certain Interprovincial fixtures
• Assist with smooth running of media areas
• Prepare and deliver detailed event, project, signage and staffing plans
• Facilitate the delivery of on-ground/in-venue requirements for each match and ensuring requirements of key stakeholders are met
• Liaison with players, team management, venue managers and hotels regarding event logistics
• Any other duties as reasonably required by Cricket Ireland
If this opportunity interests you, please email a CV and a covering letter addressed to Claire Kennelly, email@example.com. Please include “Events Intern” in the subject box of your email.