FAQs - Attending the upcoming T20Is at Malahide? Here’s what you need to know.
June 25th 2018 | International
For fans attending the upcoming T20 Internationals at Malahide Cricket Club Ground (27 and 29 June 2018), you should review these Frequently Asked Questions.
What are the dates and times of the match?
• On the 27th June 2018: the gates will open at 2pm and the match starts at 4pm
• On the 29th June 2018: the gates will open at 9am for the Ireland Women v Bangladesh Women T20I starting at 11am. The men’s match will commence at 4pm
• Re-entry will be facilitated on the gate – you will receive a stamp on your wrist to allow re-entry
• There will be a change of innings at approximately 5.30pm for 15 mins
• The gates will close at 9.30pm on both days
Where is the event taking place?
• This event will take place in Malahide Cricket Ground, Dublin Road, Malahide
• Please see the visitor sitemap at the end of this document
How do I get there?
• The best way to get to the event is via public transport.
• The No.42 and No.102 Bus stop at Malahide and are aware of our match – more details here
• The DART will run throughout the day from Dublin City Centre to Malahide Train Station which is a five minute walk from the ground
• The scheduled 0800 Enterprise service from Belfast Central, calling at Portadown at 0836 and Newry at 0857, will make an additional stop at Malahide for those attending the match (arrives Malahide 0955). The 19:00 & 20:50 Enterprise services from Dublin Connolly will also stop at Malahide for the return journey. Passengers should be at Malahide Station for 19:10 & 21:00 respectively.
Is there parking available at the event?
• There is a designated event car park within Malahide Demesne. Please be aware there is an approximately 10 minute walk through Malahide Demesne from the car park to the cricket ground
• The car park is situated on Back Road between R107 and R124 and will be signposted on all approaches.
• Stewards will be on hand during the day to assist with parking and direct you.
• We will also have a car park shuttle service in place on the day for anyone unable to walk the distance to the pavilion.
What can I bring to the Match?
What to bring
• A hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, rainwear, woolly jumper/fleece and, of course, your ticket!
• Bring enough cash and/or a cash card (keep it safe!) – we do not have any cash machines on-site. The on-site public bars will accept card payments but will not provide cashback.
• You will also need ID if you want to buy alcohol and look 21 or under.
• Medication - If you need to bring medication with you, we recommend bringing a doctor’s note or a prescription for it if it is not easily recognisable. We’re not doctors, please be understanding if we question what you’re bringing in as it is important to prevent drugs getting in to the event.
Do not bring
• Illegal substances, if found with these you will be evicted from site.
• Standard compact cameras will be permitted, though you will not be able to take in a camera with a lens longer than 6 inches. Video cameras are not permitted on site. Mobile phones that take video are permitted.
• No Glass bottles or metal containers.
• Pyrotechnics or fireworks, flares or smoke bombs.
• Tables; chairs of any sort, including stools, floor seating and shooting sticks; gazebos and parasols – there will be grandstand seating provided for all spectators
Can I bring food and drink into the ground?
• You can take snacks and soft drinks into the match but please be aware this has to fit into an A4 size bag.
• Please don’t bring any alcohol or glass containers/bottles of any sort.
• Unfortunately, due to our bag restrictions – food hampers /cool bags and boxes can’t be brought into the ground. Snacks and soft drinks into the event for your own consumption provided that any soft drinks are held in unopened and sealed plastic or paper containers with a capacity of 500ml or less. If you are bringing snacks and soft drinks, please do so in a carrier bag of A4 size
• Halal options will be available from our on-site vendors
Can I purchase alcohol on site?
• Yes, there will be two public bars on site
• You may be asked for ID if purchasing alcohol at the bar so please bring either a passport/photocard or age card
What security measures are in place at the Match?
• There will be dedicated event security at the match with security at the entrance and around the ground in key areas.
• Security personnel will be performing bag searches at the entrance
• Due to safety procedures with the relevant statutory authorities only small bags are allowed into the match with the dimensions A4 size. We appreciate your cooperation and patience when entering the match.
What Corporate Packages are available for the Match?
• There is still some hospitality available for Wednesday 27th June. For further information on our corporate packages, please contact email@example.com
• There is no hospitality available for Friday 29th June
Where can you purchase tickets for the Ireland v India match?
• Tickets for Friday 29th June are completely sold out
• Please note that tickets for the 29th are for the double header and include access to the women’s T20i match (Ireland v Bangladesh)
• There will be no separate tickets for sale for the women’s match
• There are a limited number of tickets available for Wednesday 27th June available on Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.ie
• We would advise purchasing these tickets in advance as tickets may not be available for purchase on the day.
Can you collect tickets on the day of the Match?
• For pre-advance purchased tickets you can collect your ticket at the Ticketmaster van inside the main gate entrance.
• Corporate Package tickets will be sent out on in advance
Do Junior Ticket Holders need to be accompanied?
• Yes all children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and remain the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian throughout.
Does my baby/toddler require a ticket?
• Yes all entrants to the ground, except babes-in-arms, require a ticket. Please \note there is no specific buggy park area
How can l purchase a Disabled Access Ticket?
• All disabled tickets and parking spaces have now been allocated
What is the refund policy?
• In the event that the match is affected by weather, 100% refund of the purchase price will be made in the event that no play is possible (ie. no ball is bowled). In no other circumstances can money be refunded. The refund policy outlined above does not apply if (1) the match is completed early in the normal course of play; (2) for lost or unused tickets. Ticket holders who have purchased their tickets by credit or debit card will receive a credit for the purchase price within 28 days. Ticket holders who have made cash purchases on the day of the match should apply directly to the Ticket Sales Desk for a ticket refund.
Is there a cash machine in the ground?
• No there is no cash machine or cash back facilities on site
• The nearest ATM is in Avoca within Malahide Demesne or there are several in Malahide Village
What are the safety procedures at the Event?
• In the event of an emergency it may be necessary to evacuate the ground. Please listen to PA announcements and follow the direction of the Stewarts in your area.
• Please do not leave your bags unattended in any part of the ground
• In the interest of other spectators, walking in front of the stands is not permitted during the over. Movement out of seats will only be permitted in between overs.
• We would like to remind all fans that entry on to the pitch before, during and following a match is strictly forbidden. Any entry on to the pitch is thus entirely at your own risk. According to the maximum extent permitted by the law, Cricket Ireland will not be liable for death, personal injury, loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from such entry
• Racist abuse and other gratuitously offensive abuse toward players, officials and other spectators are not part of the game and will attract the attention of Stewarts and the Garda and will almost certainly result in ejection from the ground.
Where are my seats?
• This match is general admission seating which means you are free to sit in any stand you like. Stands will be labelled on the day – please see our visitor map for further information on this
Will there be any additional entertainment available on the day?
• There will be a dedicated Cricket Zone at the match which will be an interactive cricket zone for children which will be run by Cricket Leinster. There will also be an information point where you can find out more about the game of cricket and clubs in your local area
• We will also have a bandstand located in the Cricket Village which will have a host of great acts playing throughout the day
Where can I find more information on the match?
• For regular updates please follow @irelandcricket on twitter or like cricket Ireland on Facebook
Are there Baby changing facilities on site?
• Our disabled access bathrooms also function as baby changing units. These will be clearly marked on the day.
Can I bring my dog?
• Only guide dogs will be permitted on site
Will programmes and scorecards be available to purchase?
• Yes, our media partner, the Sunday Independent will be selling programmes and annuals at the event. Each souvenir programme will include a scorecard.
Will I be able to purchase any merchandise at the event?
• Yes, Our Official Kit Supplier, O’Neill’s will have a full range of Cricket Ireland replica kit and cricketshop.ie equipment, including plastic sets, mini signature bats and novelty items available for sale.
Afghanistan series tickets now on sale
• Ireland v Afghanistan series taking place in Northern Ireland this August
• Tickets available now through www.ticketmaster.ie
• Full fixture list and dates available on www.cricketireland.ie