FAQs - Ireland v England ODI - What you need to know if attending the match
If you are attending the Ireland Men v England Men one-day international at Malahide on 3 May 2019, here is what you need to know.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dates and times of the match?
• The Ireland v England ODI will take place on the 3 May 2019.
• The gates will open at 9am and the match will commence at 10.45am.
• Re-entry will be facilitated on the gate – you will receive a stamp on your wrist to allow re-entry.
• There will be a scheduled change of innings at 2.15pm for 45 mins.
• The gates will close at 8.30pm.
Where is the event taking place?
• This event will take place in Malahide Cricket Ground, Dublin Road, Malahide
• Venue plan will be available on the main gate on match-day
How do I get there?
• The best way to get to the event is via public transport.
• The No.42, No.32 and No . 32X Bus stop at Malahide – please see Dublin Bus for further details.
• The DART will run throughout the day from Dublin City Centre to Malahide Train Station which is a five minute walk from the ground.
• The scheduled 0645 and 0800 Enterprise service from Belfast Central will make an additional stop at Malahide for those attending the match. The 1900 and 2050 Enterprise services from Dublin Connolly will also stop at Malahide for the return journey. Passengers should be at Malahide Station for 1910 and 2100 respectively.
Is there parking available at the event?
• There is a designated event car park within Malahide Demesne. Please be aware there is an approximately 10 minute walk through Malahide Demense from the car park to the cricket ground.
• The car park is situated on Back Road between R107 and R124 and will be signposted on all approaches.
• Stewards will be on hand during the day to assist with parking and direct you.
• We will also have a car park shuttle service in place on the day for anyone unable to walk the distance to the pavilion.
What can I bring to the Match?
• A hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, rainwear, woolly jumper/fleece and, of course, your ticket and/or Membership card.
• Bring enough cash and/or a cash card (keep it safe!) – We do not have any cash machines on site. The onsite public bars will accept card payments but will not provide cashback.
• You will also need ID if you want to buy alcohol.
• Medication - If you need to bring medication with you, we recommend bringing a doctor’s note or a prescription for it if it is not easily recognisable. We’re not doctors, please be understanding if we question what you’re bringing in as it is important to prevent drugs getting into the event.
Do not bring
• Alcohol or illegal substances, if found with these you will be evicted from site.
• Standard compact cameras will be permitted, though you will not be able to take in a camera with a lens longer than 6 inches. Video cameras are not permitted on site. Mobile phones that take video are permitted.
• No Glass bottles or metal containers.
• Pyrotechnics or fireworks, flares or smoke bombs.
• Tables; chairs of any sort, including stools, floor seating and shooting sticks; gazebos and parasols – there will be grandstand seating provided for all spectators
• The Event Authority reserves the right to refuse entry to any person carrying any items or substances that may be deemed offensive, disruptive or dangerous or likely to infringe any party’s rights, safety or security or any other dangerous article not referred to above.
Is there a cash machine in the ground?
• There is no cash machine or cash back facilities on site.
• The nearest ATM is in Avoca within Malahide Demesne or there are several in Malahide Village.
• Card payments will be allowed in most catering outlets.
Can I bring food and drink into the ground?
• You can take snacks and soft drinks into the match but please be aware this has to fit into an A4 size bag.
• Please don’t bring any alcohol or glass containers/bottles of any sort.
• Unfortunately, due to our bag restrictions – food hampers /cool bags and boxes can’t be brought into the ground. Snacks and soft drinks into the event for your own consumption provided that any soft drinks are held in unopened and sealed plastic or paper containers with a capacity of 500ml or less. If you are bringing snacks and soft drinks, please do so in a carrier bag of A4 size.
• Halal options will be available from our on-site vendors.
Can I smoke inside the ground?
There is a No Smoking policy within all internal areas. Please also refrain from smoking within the seating areas to ensure the health and comfort of all our spectators.
Can I purchase alcohol on site?
• Yes, there will be two public bars on site.
• You may be asked for ID if purchasing alcohol at the bar so please bring either a passport/photocard or age card.
What security measures are in place at the Match?
• There will be dedicated event security at the match with security at the entrance and around the ground in key areas.
• Security personnel will be performing bag searches at the entrance.
• Due to safety procedures with the relevant statutory authorities only small bags are allowed into the match with the dimensions A4 size. We appreciate your cooperation and patience when entering the match.
What Corporate Packages are available for the Match?
• Hospitality has been sold out for this event.
Where can you purchase tickets for the Ireland v England match?
• Tickets are available on Ticketmaster.
• We would advise purchasing these tickets in advance as tickets may not be available for purchase on the day.
Can you collect tickets on the day of the Match?
• For pre-advance purchased tickets you can collect your ticket at the Ticketmaster van inside the main gate entrance.
• Corporate Package tickets will be sent out on in advance.
Do Junior Ticket Holders need to be accompanied?
• Yes all children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and remain the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian throughout.
Does my baby/toddler require a ticket?
• Yes all entrants to the ground require a ticket. Please note there is no specific buggy park area.
How can l purchase a Disabled Access Ticket?
• Please email email@example.com if you require disabled parking pass.
• Disabled access will be available in stand F. Venue stand map will be available on the main entry.
What is the refund policy?
• In the event that the match is affected by weather, 100% refund of the purchase price will be made in the event when less than 9.5 overs have been played. In no other circumstances can money be refunded. The refund policy outlined above does not apply for lost or unused tickets.
• Ticket holders who have purchased their tickets on a gate by credit or debit card will receive a credit for the purchase price within 28 days. Ticket holders who have made cash purchases on the day of the match should apply directly to the Ticket Sales Desk for a ticket refund.
What are the safety procedures at the Event?
• In the event of an emergency it may be necessary to evacuate the ground. Please listen to PA announcements and follow the direction of the Stewards in your area.
• Please do not leave your bags unattended in any part of the ground.
• In the interest of other spectators, walking in front of the stands is not permitted during the over. Movement out of seats will only be permitted in between overs.
• We would like to remind all fans that entry on to the pitch before, during and following a match is strictly forbidden. Any entry on to the pitch is thus entirely at your own risk. According to the maximum extent permitted by the law, Cricket Ireland will not be liable for death, personal injury, loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from such entry.
• Racist abuse and other gratuitously offensive abuse toward players, officials and other spectators are not part of the game and will attract the attention of Stewarts and the Garda and will almost certainly result in ejection from the ground.
Where are my seats?
• This match is general admission seating which means you are free to sit in any stand you like. Stands will be labelled on the day.
Will there be any additional entertainment available on the day?
• There will be a dedicated Cricket Zone at the match which will be an interactive cricket zone for children. Perfect for 5 – 15 years of age.
Where can I find more information on the match?
• For regular updates please follow @irelandcricket on twitter or like Cricket Ireland on Facebook
Are there Baby changing facilities on site?
• Our disabled access bathrooms also function as baby changing units. These will be clearly marked on the day.
Can I bring my dog?
• Only guide dogs will be permitted on site.
Will programmes and scorecards be available to purchase?
• A special edition Ireland V England programme will be available to purchase at the match for €5.
• Cricket Ireland Season Guide 2019 including season scorecards will be available on sale on the day for €5.
Will I be able to purchase any merchandise at the event?
• Yes, Our Official Kit Supplier - O’Neill’s will have a full range of Cricket Ireland kit and cricketshop.ie equipment, including mini signature bats and novelty items available for sale.
• Tickets for the 2019 ODI Tri-Series between Ireland, Bangladesh and West Indies (5 - 17 May 2019) are available now through www.ticketmaster.ie
• Full fixture list and dates available on www.cricketireland.ie
• To receive latest cricket news, sign up for our Newsletter: http://www.cricketireland.ie/about/subscribe