Welcome to the home of the Cricket Ireland Coaches Association (CICA) proudly sponsored by O’Neills.
Coaching is a great way to get involved with cricket, whether you are a parent, a teacher, a fan, or a past player. CICA aims to enhance the quality of the cricket experience by developing and supporting all cricket coaches across Ireland.
The purpose of the CICA is to support cricket coaches and raise the profile of cricket coaching in Ireland. In particular, the CICA is committed to fostering a cricket coaching community able to provide great experiences for all players.
Benefits of CICA Membership
Being a member of CICA entitles you to the following benefits:
• 20% discount on any O’Neills CICA clothing or equipment
• 20% discount on tickets to International cricket matches in Ireland
• 15% discount on CICA conference and workshop fees
CICA Coaches Insurance offers a broad range of cover, including:
1. Third party bodily injury or property damage arising from their activities as a coach up to a limit of liability €11,700,000;
2. Third party financial loss as a result of wrongful (coaching) advice up to a limit of liability of €5,850,000;
3. Accidental death or permanent total disablement, plus loss of limb, hearing etc. as per the schedule of benefits, as a result of an incident that occurs whilst coaching, preparing for coaching, or travelling to and from the place of coaching, for a benefit of €29,250; and
4. Loss of wages whilst temporarily totally disabled up to a limit of €117 per week for 52 weeks. Benefit is payable after the first 14 days of injury.
To ensure your CI Coaching Insurance is valid and that you are covered you must:
1. Hold a current Police Check (Access NI/Garda Vetting/CRB) that must be valid prior to joining and you must have been cleared to work with children; and
2. Have completed a Cricket Ireland coaching course (e.g. Welcome to Coaching, prior to 2019; Coaching Kids 5-11 years or Coaching Cricket, 2019 onwards), an ICC ‘Introduction to Cricket’ Course, or hold any qualification from ECB Level One (or equivalent) and above.
If you need to claim on CI Coaching Insurance, you will be asked to provide evidence of the above.
What’s the cost of CICA membership?
The cost of CICA membership for 2019 is £40 / €45 (this includes a €1 processing fee).
What happens once you’ve joined CICA?
You will receive an email confirming your membership with your membership number and discount codes. You are now covered by the CICA Insurance Policy.
Once you have received confirmation of your CICA membership, please notify your Provincial Union so they can also support your development as a coach.