Welcome to the home of the Cricket Ireland Coaches Association (CICA) proudly sponsored by O’Neills.
The CICA aims to support Irish cricket coaches by providing a range of benefits, including insurance, discounts on both O’Neills clothing and equipment, and tickets to international cricket matches in Ireland.
Who can be a CICA member?
To be a CICA member and eligible for the benefits listed below you need to be able to show evidence, if required, of a current Police Check (Access NI/Garda Vetting) and having completed:
• A Cricket Ireland coaching course (e.g. Welcome to Coaching, prior to 2019; Cricket Ireland Coaching Kids 5-11 years or Cricket Ireland Coaching Cricket, 2019 onwards), or
• An ICC ‘Introduction to Cricket’ Course, or
• Any ECB coach qualification (e.g. ECB Level One (or equivalent) and above).
In addition, you must have current Safeguarding Training (for coaches coaching participants aged 17 years of age and under).
Furthermore, to be eligible for the insurance cover provided by CICA membership, a coach must be a non-professional cricket coach (i.e. cricket coaching cannot be the member’s primary source of income), and they cannot be employing someone to do cricket coaching for them.
Benefits of CICA membership
Being a member of CICA entitles the member to the following benefits:
• 20% discount on any O’Neills CICA clothing or equipment
• 25% discount on tickets to International cricket matches in Ireland
(for the period 01/03/2021 to 28/02/2023)
Subject to meeting the CICA membership requirements listed above, CICA members are covered for the following:
A. Public Liability – Limit of Indemnity €6.5 million (any one claim; €300 excess)
B. Wrongful Tuition & Advice – Limit of Indemnity €100,000 (any one period; €300 excess)
C. Injury – Bodily injury resulting in: Death (maximum limit per insured person, €30,000); Permanent Total Disablement (maximum limit per insured person,€30,000); Permanent Disabling Injuries (maximum limit per insured person, €30,000); Temporary Total Disablement (€120). The deferment period for Temporary Total Disablement is 2 weeks, and the benefit period is 52 weeks.
* Note: the insurance cover outlined above only applies to training sessions.
What’s the cost of CICA membership?
The cost for CICA membership in 2021 (01/03/2021 to 28/02/2022) is €55 / £50* (NB: this includes a €1 processing fee).
Become a member today
While you’re there, click here to subscribe to Cricket Ireland’s eNewsletter!