All you need to know for the Test Match against England at Lord’s
May 31st 2023 by Craig Easdown | International
LONDON – Ireland Men are in London preparing for the one-off Test match against England at the Home of Cricket - Lord’s Cricket Ground – starting at 11am on Thursday, 1 June.
Ireland has met England once before in a Test Match - at the same venue in 2019 – in a game that will be remembered for Tim Murtagh’s outstanding 5-13 with the ball as England were bowled out for just 85 on Day One.
This time the side warmed up for the Test match by playing a three-day game against Essex in Chelmsford last week - winning by 10 wickets – with Paul Stirling, PJ Moor and James McCollum all scoring centuries.
Within the squad there are three potential Test debutants: Fionn Hand, Matthew Foster and Tom Mayes.
England named their playing XI on Tuesday, with Worcestershire seamer Josh Tongue set to make his Test debut, while James Anderson, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Robinson, Chris Woakes, and Mark Wood miss out.
Here’s all you need to know to follow the Test match.
• Andrew Balbirnie (Capt), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Matthew Foster, Fionn Hand, Graham Hume, Tom Mayes, Andrew McBrine, James McCollum, PJ Moor, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Craig Young.
• Ben Stokes (c), James Anderson, Jonathan Bairstow, Stuart Broad, Harry Brook, Zak Crawley, Ben Duckett, Dan Lawrence, Jack Leach, Ollie Pope, Matthew Potts, Ollie Robinson, Joe Root, Josh Tongue, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.
IRELAND’S RECENT TEST FORM:
• Lost 2-0 to Sri Lanka in April 2023 – in Sri Lanka.
• Lost 1-0 to Bangladesh in April 2023 – in Bangladesh.
• Lost 1-0 to England in July 2019 – at Lord’s.
ENGLAND’ RECENT TEST FORM:
• Drew 1-1 with New Zealand in February 2023 – in New Zealand.
• Beat Pakistan 3-0 in December 2022 – in Pakistan.
• England beat South Africa 2-1 in August/September 2022 – in London.
• Anyone looking to purchase tickets for the Test Match at Lord’s, which takes place from Thursday 1 June – Sunday 4 June, please visit: https://tickets.lords.org/en-GB/categories/internationals
• The Test Match will be broadcast on both the Sky Sports Main Event HD and Sky Sports Cricket HD channels in the UK and Ireland.
WHERE TO FOLLOW