ITW Irish Cricket Awards - Club of the Year shortlist
February 22nd 2021 by Cricket Ireland | International
DUBLIN – The ITW Irish Cricket Awards 2021 will be digitally broadcast on Friday 26 February 2021 via Youtube, and the four clubs shortlisted for the Tildenet Club of the Year have been unveiled.
The shortlisted clubs are:
• Limerick Cricket Club
• Newbuildings Cricket Club
• North Down Cricket Club
• YMCA Cricket Club
The Club of the Year award acknowledges achievement on and off the field. Criteria for nominations included of being a cricket club which displays good practice and strengths in areas such as: governance, planning, leadership, financial management, volunteer strategy, membership, coach and player development and community engagement.
The winning club will be announced as part of the ITW Irish Cricket Awards 2021 online event on Friday night.
The broadcast of the event will start at 8pm (GMT) and will be hosted by sports journalist and broadcaster Marie Crowe, supported by RTE’s John Kenny and former Ireland Men’s captain Kyle McCallan. Bonus interviews and content will be available on Cricket Ireland’s social media channels on the night.
This socially-distant event, produced by HBV Studios in a manner reflecting the COVID times we live in, will see 14 award categories presented:
• ITW International Player of the Decade – Men
• Hanley Energy International Player of the Decade - Women
• ITW International Men’s Player of the Year*
• Cricket Writers of Ireland Hall of Fame
• Gibney’s Outstanding Contribution and Service to Irish Cricket, in honour of John Wright
• Test Triangle Inter-Provincial Player of the Year
• Arachas Super Series Player of the Year
• Clear Currency Volunteering Excellence Award
• Techfynder Cricket Official of the Year
• Shapoorji Pallonji Outstanding Contribution to Coaching
• Tildenet Club of the Year
• O’Neill’s Club Male Player of the Year
• O’Neiil’s Club Female Player of the Year
• Turkish Airlines Special Jury Award – Spirit of Cricket Award
Iconic Irish brand Waterford has once again supported the ITW Irish Cricket Awards supplying the awards for winners.
As a special addition this year, two key awards will be presented recognising the best players of the last decade (2011-2020) for both men’s and women’s international teams. Expert juries were convened to shortlist and recommend an overall winner. While winners will be announced during the event, the shortlists for the Player of the Decade awards are:
Shortlist for the ITW International Player of the Decade – Men
• Ed Joyce
• Tim Murtagh
• Kevin O’Brien
• William Porterfield
• Paul Stirling
Shortlist for the Hanley Energy International Player of the Decade - Women
• Laura Delany
• Kim Garth
• Cecelia Joyce
• Isobel Joyce
• Clare Shillington
Fans can vote on their player who they think will take the top awards, with a signed jersey for two lucky entrants available. Entry is via this form.