COVID-19 and Sport (Government Guidelines)
August 21st 2020 by Cricket Ireland | International, Other
Cricket Ireland and the Provincial Unions are pleased to see that clubs across Ireland have been adhering to COVID-19 protocols and ensuring we are playing our part in minimising the spread of the coronavirus and protecting the vulnerable in our community.
To further support clubs and clarify guidelines after recent announcements, Sport Ireland and Sport NI have provided the following:
There has been no change to the protocols for playing sport in Northern Ireland but we wish to remind all clubs across the Island of Ireland of their duty to assist in preventing the spread of COVID-19 by:
• Maintain social distancing (2m wherever possible);
• Maintain good hygiene;
• Players should travel alone to training or games or with a member of their household
• Change rooms should remain closed, and players should travel to the game in their kit;
• Wear a face-covering where social distancing is difficult to maintain;
• Adhere to all aspects of your Club’s COVID safety plan;
• Do not attend your club if you feel unwell.
• Ensure that your club activities comply with the regulations set by the NI Executive regarding numbers of participants or the latest Republic of Ireland Government Guidance
• Raise any issues or concerns regarding the above with your Provincial Union
• Download the StopCOVIDNI app or the COVIDTracker app
Club Matches – ROI
All matches must be played behind closed doors with no spectators permitted and the Safe Return to Play protocols must be adhered to.
A behind closed doors event can include: ‘Any individual involved in the participation, running, delivery, and broadcasting (if relevant) of the event’ – your Provincial Union will provide further guidance on essential personnel should you require.
Parents/Guardians attending in a safeguarding /supervisory capacity are not classified as a spectator however strict social distancing and public health guidelines should be adhered to at all times. In that context, one parent/guardian per child is permitted to attend at a sporting event, including a game or training session, should they consider it necessary
The Cricket Ireland Safe Return-to-Play protocols are here: https://www.cricketireland.ie/covid-19/return-to-play-clubs
Training – ROI
Outdoor Exercise & Sports training can do so in multiple pods/groups of 15 once sufficient space is available and strict public health protocols are in place. Training pods/groups should not mix.
Sports Summer Camps can do so in multiple pods of 6 (indoor) and 15 (outdoor) once sufficient space is available and strict public health protocols are in place.