CI and PUs encouraging Clubs to register for new Electric Vehicle Charging Point Scheme
Clubs are being encouraged to register their interest in the Shared Island Sports Club EV Charging Scheme, which provides free installation of 50KW DC Electric Vehicle Charging Points for 200 sports clubs.
The scheme, open across the island of Ireland, is funded through the government’s Shared Island Fund and administered by Pobal on behalf of Zero Emission Vehicles Ireland (ZEVI), will pay for the civil and electric works as well as the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charger for selected clubs.
Cricket Ireland is encouraging interested clubs to check their eligibility for the scheme and to submit an expression of interest to participate in the scheme.
Clubs that would like to express an interest in participating in this scheme should complete the below steps;
a) Read through the list of minimum requirements, outlined below, to ensure your organisation can meet the eligibility requirements.
b) Complete an Expression of Interest form in full and return it to Cricket Ireland before the deadline at 12pm on Friday February 24th 2023.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Interested Organisation’s:
1. Clubs looking to express an interest in this scheme must own or hold a lease on the land on which the charge point would be installed.
2. Clubs should have either leasehold or freehold title to the property and must have the written permission from the property owner in advance to be able to participate in the scheme and install a charge point.
3. A publicly accessible carpark and/or car parking is required (minimum 2 spaces per EV point).
4. A 3-phase electrical connection is required.
5. Provide reasonable facilities on site (accessible toilets, waiting area, coffee shop etc.) must be on site or nearby (within 500m).
Clubs that feel they may meet the minimum requirements to apply for the scheme are encouraged to complete an Expression of Interest form which can be accessed here.
The deadline for applications is Friday, February 24th at 12pm.
For further information on the scheme please visit Shared Island Sports Club EV Charging Scheme - Pobal