FAQs - Attending the upcoming ODIs at Stormont? Here’s what you need to know.
August 27th 2018 | International
For fans attending the upcoming One-Day Internationals at Stormont (27/29/31 August 2018), you should review these Frequently Asked Questions.
What are the dates and times of the match?
• Gates will open at 9am each day and the matches start at 10.45am. Entry is off Lower Newtonards Road.
• Re-entry will be facilitated on the gate – you will receive a stamp on your wrist to allow re-entry
Where is the event taking place?
• This event will take place in Civil Service North of Ireland Cricket Club (Stormont) - see Google Map.
Is there parking available at the event?
• There is limited event car parking within the Stormont Estate. Entry will be on a first come, first served basis.
• There is also a small public car park accessible off the Newtownards Road. However, there is no direct entry to the grounds through this car park. Patrons using this car park must enter through the pedestrian entrance off Lower Newtownards Road.
• Stewards will be on hand during the day to assist with parking and direct you.
What can I bring to the Match?
What to bring
• A hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, rainwear, woolly jumper/fleece and, of course, your ticket!
• Bring enough cash and/or a cash card (keep it safe!) – we do not have any cash machines on-site.
• You will also need ID if you want to buy alcohol and look 21 or under.
• Medication - If you need to bring medication with you, we recommend bringing a doctor’s note or a prescription for it if it is not easily recognisable. We’re not doctors, please be understanding if we question what you’re bringing in as it is important to prevent drugs getting in to the event.
Do not bring
• Illegal substances, if found with these you will be evicted from site.
• Standard compact cameras will be permitted, though you will not be able to take in a camera with a lens longer than 6 inches. Video cameras are not permitted on site. Mobile phones that take video are permitted.
• No Glass bottles or metal containers.
• Pyrotechnics or fireworks, flares or smoke bombs.
• Tables; chairs of any sort, including stools, floor seating and shooting sticks; gazebos and parasols – there will be seating provided within the ground.
Can I bring food and drink into the ground?
• You can take snacks and soft drinks into the match but please be aware this has to fit into an A4 size bag.
• There will be hot/cold food concessions on-site.
• Please don’t bring any alcohol or glass containers/bottles of any sort.
• Unfortunately, due to our bag restrictions – food hampers /cool bags and boxes can’t be brought into the ground. Snacks and soft drinks into the event for your own consumption provided that any soft drinks are held in unopened and sealed plastic or paper containers with a capacity of 500ml or less. If you are bringing snacks and soft drinks, please do so in a carrier bag of A4 size.
• Halal options will be available from our on-site vendors.
Can I purchase alcohol on site?
• Yes, there will be a public bar on site
• You may be asked for ID if purchasing alcohol at the bar so please bring either a passport/photocard or age card
What security measures are in place at the Match?
• There will be dedicated event security at the match with security at the entrance and around the ground in key areas.
• Security personnel will be performing bag searches at the entrance
• Due to safety procedures with the relevant statutory authorities only small bags are allowed into the match with the dimensions A4 size. We appreciate your cooperation and patience when entering the match.
What Corporate Packages are available for the Match?
• There is no hospitality available for these games
Where can you purchase tickets for the Ireland v Afghanistan match?
• There are tickets available for purchase on Ticketmaster
• Tickets will be available to purchase on the day at the gate.
Can you collect tickets on the day of the Match?
• For pre-advance purchased tickets you can collect your ticket at the ticket booth at the main gate entrance.
Do Junior Ticket Holders need to be accompanied?
• Yes, all children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and remain the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian throughout
Does my baby/toddler require a ticket?
• Yes all entrants to the ground, except babes-in-arms, require a ticket. Please \note there is no specific buggy park area
How can l purchase a Disabled Access Ticket?
• Yes, tickets can be purchased at the ground.
What is the refund policy?
• In the event that the match is affected by weather, 100% refund of the purchase price will be made in the event that no play is possible (ie. no ball is bowled). In no other circumstances can money be refunded. The refund policy outlined above does not apply if (1) the match is completed early in the normal course of play; (2) for lost or unused tickets. Ticket holders who have purchased their tickets by credit or debit card will receive a credit for the purchase price within 28 days. Ticket holders who have made cash purchases on the day of the match should apply directly to the Ticket Sales Desk for a ticket refund.
Is there a cash machine in the ground?
• No there is no cash machine or cash back facilities on site.
What are the safety procedures at the Event?
• In the event of an emergency it may be necessary to evacuate the ground. Please listen to PA announcements and follow the direction of the stewards in your area.
• Please do not leave your bags unattended in any part of the ground.
• We would like to remind all fans that entry on to the pitch before, during and following a match is strictly forbidden. Any entry on to the pitch is thus entirely at your own risk. According to the maximum extent permitted by the law, Cricket Ireland will not be liable for death, personal injury, loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from such entry
• Racist abuse and other gratuitously offensive abuse toward players, officials and other spectators are not part of the game and will attract the attention of stewards and the police and will almost certainly result in ejection from the ground.
Where are my seats?
• This match is general admission seating which means you are free to sit in the area you like.
Where can I find more information on the match?
• For regular updates please follow @irelandcricket on Twitter or like Cricket Ireland on Facebook
Are there Baby changing facilities on site?
• There are baby changing units in the toilets in the main pavilion.
Can I bring my dog?
• Only guide dogs will be permitted on site
Will scorecards be available?
• Scorecards will be available at the ticket booth.
There is no smoking within the ground except in designated smoking areas. Just ask a steward at the ground for advice on these areas.