Safeguarding Courses coming up
New online Safeguarding courses are coming up in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland which may be of benefit to Provincial Unions and clubs across Ireland.
Guidelines in the Republic of Ireland
With current restrictions, there has been a suspension of safeguarding courses being run across the country. As an interim measure, the following recommendations are in place by Sport Ireland for volunteers, coaches and those working with children or vulnerable persons in the Republic of Ireland:
As part of the Sport Ireland requirements, any individual who completes the above courses MUST fill in this form. This information is required by Sport Ireland to help them gauge the level of demand for the face-to-face courses once they resume and support National Governing Bodies and Local Sports Partnerships.
*** Please note these are only interim measures and the individual MUST attend a face-to-face workshop within six weeks of their resumption.
Guidelines in Northern Ireland
Sport NI has just launched Safeguarding Children and Young People online.
The workshop will be delivered in two parts:
Part One is pre-learning that participants are required to undertake in advance of the online workshop. This consists of a 25-minute video that provides important elements of the face-to-face workshop that has been adapted to be undertaken prior to the online workshop. It is mandatory that participants undertake the pre-learning as they will be tested on their knowledge of it within the online workshop. They will also receive the Safeguarding Children and Young People Resource booklet which they should read through prior to the online.
Part Two will be an online virtual workshop via Zoom lasting approximately 100 minutes delivered by one of our experienced tutors.
• The cost per participant is £15. Participants must register via Eventbrite (link below) for the date-specific workshop they wish to take part in.
• Throughout the workshop participants will be expected to fully participate (with their cameras on) in polls and breakout rooms to test knowledge and promote discussion (just as in the face-to-face workshop).
• Upon completion of the online virtual workshop participants will receive a certificate of attendance. Certificates will be issued dependent on participants fully engaging in the workshop content.
• Places are limited to 12 persons presently.
The next workshop will take place on the following date:
• Wednesday 29 July from 7.00-9.00pm. Register here.
For more information, check Sport NI website here.