Girls and Women’s Cricket Strategy development
In December 2018 the Board of Cricket Ireland endorsed the proposal for the development of a Girls and Women’s Cricket Strategy, and we are pleased to provide an update on this project.
We are running an online survey and want to hear your thoughts - click here now!
We will also be holding Open Nights in each Provincial Union to hear your thoughts on the future of girls and women’s cricket in Ireland!
We will be in:
• Munster on 4 April 2019 - Cork County Cricket Club (6.30pm-8pm)
• Leinster on 8 April 2019 - Merrion CC, Anglesea Road, Dublin 4 (starting 7.30pm)
• North West on April 9th - White Horse Hotel, Eglinton (starting 6pm)
• Northern on 10 April 2019 - McElhinney Suite, Pavilion, Stormont Estate (from 6pm-9pm)
Further detail on venues to be shared shortly. We want to see as many people there as possible, so please spread the word and come and have your say!
Happy #IWD2019 - a big year ahead for our cricketers. Here’s a homage to some of those that do us proud - not just today, but all year round.#BackingGreen #20x20 #ShowYourStripes #WomenInSport pic.twitter.com/wz8mS5BG4m— Ireland Women’s Cricket Team (@IrishWomensCric) March 8, 2019
Further detail on what the strategy will cover here below.
The strategy will take a holistic look at all areas of the sport, specifically areas relating to:
• High Performance
• Player Pathway and representative
• Participation / Grass-roots
• Coaching, umpiring and administration
• Medical and other support structures
• Multicultural engagement
• Schools engagement / modified cricket / junior formats
• Commercial, Marketing and Communications
In February 2019, Maeve Buckley agreed to become involved in the development of the strategy. Maeve has 20 years experience in strategic planning, international top-level sports administration and marketing, and has worked on a number of recent strategic plans, both within Irish sport including for the Camogie Association and the IRFU, and internationally with FIFA.
A project Steering Committee is being established and a consultation programme is being developed - this Committee will feature representatives from across the cricket family.
The support of the Provincial Unions in this process is crucial, and we appreciate the commitment of colleagues in the Unions to drive interest and awareness in the process throughout the clubs and other stakeholders around Ireland.
This consultation process will include:
• Targeted 1-on-1 interviews
• Focus groups
• General online survey
• Open nights
Work has already started, and we will provide updates as they become available.
We are aiming to complete the project by mid-2019.
Please keep an eye out on our website and social media channels for further updates.
Happy International Women’s Day!